Sunday, April 4, 2010

4 Cheese Grilled Cheese

Where: Mi casa
With: Mi familia
Rating: 8/10
Details: 2 provolone slices filled with parmesan, mozzarella, and a touch of cheddar on whole wheat bread
Count: 2.5/5000

Gotta love an Easter Sunday Grilled Cheese! Since mi madre y hermana are out of town on Spring Break, we are having a pretty low key Easter celebration. Without our the typical big family meal, I had to fend for myself and of course the first thing I saw upon opening the fridge was the vast supply of cheese! So, I figured today would be the perfect day to make my own Grilled Cheese - especially since I just started this whole endeavor and it is on my mind.


The cheese combo in this was incredible, the only downside was the bread, which was too flavorful so the cheeses weren't the highlight. Since provolone was the basis of this cheese combo, it provided a stark contrast to Fridays all American Grilled Cheese. The subtle provolone was accented perfectly by the small sprinkles of parmesan and cheddar, and the mozzarella simply gave the whole mix a creamier texture and flavor. Overall, bravo self! I simply just need different bread.

2 comments:

  1. You "simply just" need different bread? Unnecessary and clumsy and redundant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. I will make sure to edit my blog better...

    ReplyDelete