Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grilled Cheese Activist

Where? A bench at the Schottentor U-Bahn Station
With? A bunch of protesters
Rating: 6/10
Details: Irish Cheddar and Käsewurst on Anker wheat bread
Count: 21/5000

This is the second time this week, I've made this Grilled Cheese in the morning and packed it up to take with me for lunch. The concept is simply, Irish Cheddar and Käsewurst, which ended up being an amazing combination, since the power of the Irish Cheddar evened out the Käsewurst, so it was a balanced sandwich. Only problem is eating it several hours later definitely affects the quality. Alas, a 6 is the highest rating I could give.


While enjoying my Grilled Cheese on the day I snapped this photo, I was on a bench waiting to meet a friend at Uni Wien. I also snapped the following photo of the protesters, who were voicing their concerns over immigration issues, a hot topic here in Wien, because a family - two young daughters and their father - was deported, while their mother was here in the hospital unable to be deported. Outrage ensued as efforts were made to reunite the family, which eventually did happen. Either way, it was an interesting lunch.

2 comments: